BlackBerry SoftPhone is a SIP softphone client that works on BlackBerry GSM handsets with OS >4.7, OS 5, OS 6 and OS 7.
- Support for G711u, G711a, GSM and AMR codecs
- Internet connection over WIFI, EDGE or 3G.
- Offered to VoIP providers as a branded version in a form that is ready to be uploaded to the AppWorld store or to a provider’s website.
- Branding includes provider’s logo, name and other changes in the dialer’s design and the set of the available features.
BlackBerry Softphone main features:
- Making and receiving SIP calls
- Contacts (Integrated address book with “search” option)
- Balance information*
- Destination, rate*
- Time, call status logs
- Calls history
- Digits Interception (Dialer pops up once dialing from the phone’s “Dial pad” or choosing a number from the phone’s “Contact list”)
- Fallback to call thru* (dialing through an access number) if network connection is not available,